EFT Therapists Self-Care with Focusing Partnerships
with Elmar Kruithoff
Psychologist, Inner Relationship Focusing Trainer & Focusing Coordinator (TIFI)
6 Mondays from 8th April 2024 (18-20 CET) to 27th May 2024
In this 12 hour online workshop over 6 days you will learn using Inner Relationship Focusing (IRF) for therapist self care and personal development. Psychotherapist also need time to take care of their emotional well-being. Focusing offers a great opportunity to do just that. Inner Relationship Focusing was developed by Ann Weiser-Cornell, an early student of Eugene Gendlin and recognised by Leslie Greenberg as an EFT compliant style of Focusing. This workshop is lead by a primary student of Ann Weiser-Cornell – Elmar Kruithoff, who has been teaching Inner Relationship Focusing for 3 decades.
The advantages of using Inner Relationship Focusing Partnerships for EFT Therapist Self-Care
- Easy to do
- Compliant with EFT
- Supports therapist self-care & personal growth work
- Reconnect to experience and bring your process forward
- Training Focusing Skills
- Build trust in the power of person-centred empathic following
- Build trust in the actualising tendency and client as active self-healer
The benefits of Focusing partnerships
In the workshop you will learn how to use IRF in partnership with one or more colleagues. We believe that using Focusing in partnership, helping each other as focuser and companion has some advantages compared to individual focusing. When addressing therapist self-care, these benefits become even more important and helpful.
- You will experience the empathic presence from another
- Your verbally expressed symbolisations to another helps the quality and depth of your experience
- Focusing with another supports the motivation to keep focusing and supporting your self-care
How to do it?
It’s very easy when you have learned the steps and follow the clear instructions you will learn
- You and your partner can focus in person, online or phone
- It takes only 1 hour every 1-4 week
- Your take 2 rounds of 20 minutes as focuser & companion
- There is also time to greet, evaluate, small talk & make new appointment
What do you learn?
You will learn self-instruction focusing steps and experiencing as focuser. You will learn how to support the focuser as a companion. We will work (at least) with 4 foundations of focusing:
1) Presence. How can I meet myself in difficult situations in such a way that my attitude itself becomes a resource? How do I create the conditions for all my parts to be welcome – whether they are pleasant, empowering or exhausted and hurt? How can I use language in such a way that it becomes easier to physically feel feelings and thoughts, to meet them without bias and to be able to explore them?
2) Felt Sense. How can I support my experiencing processes in such a way that they feel accepted and respected – rather than me talking “about” them, trying to intervene, fix, or turning away. How can I get out of intense, stuck feelings? How can I turn to vague and unclear feelings and understand them better? How do I come to a clarifying self-regulation that is anchored in the body and in feeling?
3) Inner relationship. What concrete steps are there to initiate, deepen and maintain a good contact and accepting encounter with my experience and with myself over a longer period of time? What model can I follow when feelings are intense or unclear – or when I get stuck in difficult feelings?
4) Working together. How can we as colleagues best support each other in Focusing and learn from each other? How do we use Focusing partnerships to clarify issues from therapeutic practice? How does a Focusing partnership become so secure that trust can develop and the processes gain depth?
Ongoing focusing partnerships
The workshop will support participants in forming ongoing focusing partnerships in order to support the participants self-care after the workshop. Our vision is that focusing partnership is going to be one of the ways EFT therapist support them selves.
Presenter: Elmar Kruithoff, psychologist, Inner Relationsship Focuing Teacher, Focuisng Coordinator from The International Focuing Institute.
Time: 6 Mondays starting 8. Arpil 2024 from 18.00 to 20.00 (CET) and ending 29. May 2024 (skipping 13.&20 May)
Length: 12 hours
Preconditions: Prior EFT training
- Early Bird – private persons and Danish companies: 3200 Dkr. (until 18. March 2024)
- Regular – private persons and Danish companies: 3800 kr. (after 18. March 2024)
- Early Bird – EU and non-EU companies: 2600 Dkr. (until 18. March 2024)
- Regular – EU and non-EU companies: 3200 kr. (after 18. March 2024).
Bank Fees: Participants pay all bank transfer and currency exchange fees. Please calculate this when paying.
VAT: EU-companies are subject to reverse charge on VAT, with a correct VAT nr.
Bank: 84110004083983 // IBAN: DK3084110004083983
Binding: Registration is final after registration and payment. The registration is binding after 18. March 2024.
Deadline for registration: 2. April 2024
Organiser: Institut for Emotionsfokuseret Terapi, Ringstedgade 10, Roskilde, Denmark, email@example.com
More information: Head of Institute Niels Bagge, firstname.lastname@example.org
Elmar Kruithoff is psychologist (Dipl.-Psychologe), Inner Relationsship Focuing Teacher & Focuisng Coordinator from The International Focuing Institute. He studied psychology at Hamburg University in Germany and was a research assistant in the Department for Medical Psychology at Hamburg University Hospital. He trained and taught with Ann Weiser-Cornell and Barbara McGavin in Inner Relatonship Focusing for several years before founding focusing-center.com and teaching Focusing based on Eugene T. Gendlin’s and Ann Weiser Cornell’s work. Today he teaches advanced Focusing tutorials, trains Focusing teachers, teaches Focusing in leadership and organizes international seminars for students across Europe. He is author of the Focusing Cards, an innovative tool for building Focusing skills. He has spoken at various conferences and has published articles and contributed chapters to books on Focusing. Elmar speaks English, Danish and German and lives with his wife and son in Roskilde, Denmark
Presentation from ISEFT Trainer Meeting 2023 in Porto
EFT Therapists Self-Care with Focusing Partnerships was presented at the International Society for Emotion-Focused Therapy Trainers Meeting in Porto in 2023. You can see the slides from the presentation here: